We got Amberlea a full size bed for her birthday. We put it up last night and gave her strict instructions NOT to go into her room. I had one of daycare babies sleeping in there anyway when she arrived. I was waiting for some of the parents to pick up the kids before we opened up all the presents. Earlier today I cut out the letters B-E-D and had Josie and Cailyn color them and wrapped them up for Amberlea to open and try to figure out what it meant. WELL... there was no need to go to all the trouble. She went into her room before opening her presents and found the bed. I wasn't real pleased about it. All I heard was her door open, but it was too late to stop her. We also got her all new bedding to go with her new bed, so it was pretty obvious what she was going to be opening up. (I had every intention to lock her door after the baby woke up, but with all my distractions this afternoon, it didn't happen, what kills me is that we probably told her 5-10 times NOT to go in her room, me, Tim, Rachel, nope... still didn't sink in)
She was still pretty excited about the bed. I teased her that maybe with a bigger bed she'll quit falling out of bed all the time. She just laughed and said probably not..... -- We still let her open the letters spelling out bed. First she opened the D and was very confused and then the E and then the B. It was pretty funny watching her still after opening up all her new bedding and seeing her bed, she still couldn't figure out what what those 3 letters were spelling out. That is SO Amberlea.... wouldn't trade her for anything.
Here's a picture of her in her new bedding. It is really cute. It has frogs all over on the sheets. She thinks it's pretty cool.
You might be wandering what's on her head?? It's a monkey sleeping mask. She got that from my sister Gina along with some monkey sleeping shorts. This could of been her favorite present. Well besides the toe socks she got from her mom she can't stop talking about, she was more excited about that than the Nintendo DS she got her. That's Amberlea too, she loves the little things!! Who would of thought all we needed to get her was toe socks and a monkey mask. She hasn't taken it off since she got it and now can't wait for PJ day at school in a week or so.
Happy Birthday Amberlea..... we love you very much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment