Seems like forever since I have wrote. Not that things haven't been going on, just busy. Several activities have come to an end for now and we are getting ready to start some new ones.
Both Rachel and Amberlea's basketball is finished. Amberlea finished a couple weeks back and Rachel did last weekend. We are very proud of both of them. Amberlea showed much improvement for her first year of playing and learning the game. Rachel also improved. She has become quite the ball player. We had to miss out on her last tournament last weekend because of Josie's dance competition, but from the sounds of it. Rachel did awesome! Lets just say there were 2-3 girls covering her almost the entire time. The Falcons took 1st in the Knights of Columbus tournament and 2nd in the Hopkins tournament last weekend. That's pretty good for missing 2 of their normal players. Way to go Falcons!!
Josie had a dance competition last weekend. It was a long weekend. She danced at 7:40 in the morning Sunday, it was a bit much for a 5 yr old with the time change and all that. She did great though and her group received 3 different awards. We were very proud of her. She was so excited about her trophy she got. It was all she could talk about.
Basketball is over for now and soccer is gearing up to start at the end of the month. I can't believe it. I am hoping for warmer weather soon for the kids to practice and play in. Soccer is always a good time. Tim assists in coaching Amberlea's team and coaches Josie's team. It is a lot of fun being right in there with all the kids. He really enjoys it and so do the girls!!
We have still been going to the Community Center as a family. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed this time together. It has been nice to get exercise together as a family. All of us have seen improvements. We have really been working at getting healthy as a family.
I have finally started to lose a little more weight. I have been at a stand still for the last 6 weeks. It's been very aggravating, to say the least. Our team is still in 1st for the New Year's Challenge, that's exciting, but I don't know if I will be able to win the challenge like I had hoped for in the beginning. There are only a few weeks left, and things aren't looking good. BUT... I can't complain at all. I'm still moving in the right direction.... just VERY slowly.
I was wanting to post some pictures, but I really haven't taken too many lately beside Josie's dance. We bought a new computer cause our old one was starting to lock up on us and was showing it's age. I have yet to find the software I need to download pictures to my computer, it's hiding some where, I just don't know where?!
So, maybe next time I'll have some pictures of dance, soccer and playing outside with nice green grass. I can only hope and pray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment