Sunday, August 30, 2009

No time to Blog

Sorry about my time off from blogging.... it has been one busy week.
Last weekend Tim was gone to Bristol, and it is amazing what I got accomplished around the house. I was pretty busy. It included 2 trips to st joe and an evening at the rodeo. It was a lot of fun, I'd never been and so it was all new to me. The girls had a good time, my brother and his kids came up and Gina, Mike and Tanner also came out. They were so cute all the kids playing in the dirt and watching the horses. Tim had a great time in Bristol, he got back home later in the evening on Sunday night.
Tuesday was Tim and I's 8th Anniversary. It was spent at a PAT water night and then the kids went to Grandma and Grandpa's so Tim and I could have supper together. It was a nice time, nothing big, maybe by our 10th Anniversary we'll do something real special, plan a trip together, but we'll see if that works out or not. I won't hold my breathe, this time of year is always so crazy for us. A little recap.... married August of '01, broke ground to our house Aug '02, Josie was born in Aug '03, Aug of '05 Cailyn came along. August is a special month to Tim and I, many celebrations including Tim's birthday and with school starting, it's not easy to find time to ourselves to celebrate. But that's ok. We have much to be thankful for.
Wednesday Cailyn turned 4. Very exciting for her, I definitely don't have any more babies around the house. She is so full of energy these days. I see her changing so much with Josie headed off to school this year. She has really stepped up to be mommy's little helper, and I'm really enjoying our time together. Cailyn has always been so laid back, never really had interest in learning typical things most toddlers do, doesn't ask too many questions, much different than Josie. I hope to work with her more and teach her some of these "big" girl things, but it's hard to teach someone who doesn't care to learn. It's so funny, she is very smart, she is very artistic, she definitely has her own way of doing everything, and that's just fine with me. Cailyn is ok with not growing up, not that she is a baby, but she tells me she never wants to go to school or be away from Tim and I, she might just live with us FoReVer... lol.

Josie turned 6 on Friday, and she'd probably move out if we let her...ha. She is so independent, she was thrilled to get hang down earrings for her birthday to wear to school. She tries so hard to be just as big as her older sisters, that it scares me at times. I wish at times she was more like Cailyn. She knows too much information that I don't think a 6yr old should know. Nothing bad of course, she can just hang out with older kids and is perfectly fine with that, sometimes kids her own age just don't interest her. That's not always good.

Josie is doing GREAT in school!! I got to talk with her teacher briefly the other day and she said that Josie was doing wonderful. That's good to hear, according to my "know-it-all" 6 yr old, there have been several kids in trouble at school. She keeps telling me she hasn't got in trouble 1 time, I believe her, this is how she always was in preschool too, but I know my Josie, and she can be a trouble maker at times.

Both girls had wonderful birthdays! They were very happy with the presents they got and we made some special treats to celebrate. I always make sure all my girls get some sort of special dessert of choice to celebrate on their birthday. I didn't want to do just cake cause I would be making that for their parties, so Cailyn picked homemade cinnamon rolls and Josie a big cookie. I enjoy baking, and I had my fill this week. I made a cake for Cailyn to have with the daycare kids, cinnamon rolls for that night, Josie wanted dirt pudding for her class at school that had to be in individual cups, then a big cookie that evening and I then created a castle cake that ended up taking me 3 mixes and 3 batches of frosting, but I was pleased with it and the girls thought it was so cool!! That's all that matters.

I got the house all ready to go with the help of my mom and dad for the Princess Party on Saturday. Mom had all the decorations I could want, so she came back and helped me turn my basement into a beautiful princess ballroom....lol. Again, the kids thought it was great... I liked it, it was a success again! All the girls had a great time. We played a couple games and Rachel and Amberlea helped me out with doing makeup and nails, and I did their hair. I thought it went great, some of the other moms thought I was just crazy for doing it, but I thought it was no big deal, I was used to handling that many kids... no problem. That part didn't stress me out at all, it was getting ready for the party that drove me crazy!
That's about it for now. I'll leave you with some pictures.

Cailyn's rolls with purple frosting!!
Josie opening her Hannah Montana movie!!!

The Castle Cake I created, the kids fought over who got the icecream cones I used for the towers.... who would of thought??

Some of the princesses getting a little pampering.

One of Josie's classmates playing the kiss the frog game Amberlea came up with. The girls thought it was pretty funny!!

All the princesses at the party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment