Friday, August 7, 2009

A quick update

Sorry, it's been a little while, but there hasn't been a whole lot going on.

We got back Sunday from our adult float trip. It was a great time like always, a little chilly on Saturday due to some small rain showers, but the sun came out and all was good again. There were a lot of us, and when I get some pics from my friend Tonya, I'll show you our huge barge we made by tying 17 canoes together. There were several couples I didn't know, but I always feel the more the merrier, it was really nice for me to spend so much time with other adults, not just children all the time. It was very needed.

This week has been busy with PTO mtgs, soccer mtgs, and I FINALLY got back to the Community Center this week. I'm pretty sore today. But it felt great to get back in and work out again. I just need to keep it up. I have another goal I want to reach. I had my annual Dr appt this week and spoke with my Dr about it, and we have a game plan, and he says my goals are reachable, so I will do my best to stay on track and hopefully get moving in the right direction again. I'd love to lose another 20 (plus the 3 I put on this summer....lol) before Christmas. That might be tough, but I'll just throw that goal out there... and I'll do my best to make it happen.

All the girls are getting pretty excited about school starting. Amberlea is ready to go, supplies and all. Rachel went on a big shopping spree with her Mom this week and made out pretty well. Rachel's body is changing and so pretty much everything she tries on, looks so cute on her.... and she "has to have it". I know this from experience and I'm sure Jenni was having the same issues with her while they were shopping together. Josie and I are going to get school supplies this weekend. She is pretty excited about it. And so am I. I'm not sure if she knows exactly what to expect with going to Kindergarten all day, everyday.

We are going to have to start getting her to bed much earlier next week and start to get her broke in, or she'll never make it.... ha. I've have her spoiled here at home with me for the last year and she slept in some mornings if she wanted to, well, a lot of mornings. She has her dad's sleeping habits, so I already know it's going to be a struggle. Can't wait.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend, Rachel is having a friend over tonight, and the rest of us are just going to hang out. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment