Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Turning 30

Today is the big day, my 30th Birthday!

Over the past year, I have been dreading this day. To think I was 30 and my 20s were gone. Not that 30 was old, just seems like there wasn't the excitement of being in my 20s. Not that the last few years in my 20s have been that exciting, not like the first few were. Maybe exciting isn't the correct word, maybe young, stupid, and fun!!

I've changed my way of thinking over the last couple months. I have decided that I'm going to make my 30's great!! I remember my mom telling me how different it was raising me and Gina when she was in her 30s then when she had my brother and sister right after getting married in her early 20s. She said she was much more patient, and knew more, so I am kind of going on that.

I hope and pray that I have learned from my 20s and am now looking forward to making my 30s Great!! In my 20s I got married, had my children and built our house. Those are HUGE accomplishments! Now I am focusing on raising my kids to be the best they can be, lovin' and spending time with my husband, and being thankful for all that I have.

I have been working on getting healthy and happy! (not that I wasn't happy already). I have great and wonderful friendships that I cherish! I have really come to appreciate all that my parents have done for me and how much they sacrificed for us kids, and I thank God for our family. My sisters and I are close and I love our relationship we have together.

I have said over the past couple years since quitting Energizer and going to daycare in my home that I plan on figuring out what I want to be when I grow up. I haven't gotten that far yet. I know I have great potential, I just don't know how I want to use it yet. That is my main goal for the future. I know what my dreams are, just not really sure how to get them done. (it's the whole time/money issue that holds you back).

I am looking forward to spending time with Tim and the girls tonight at home. I have plans to get together with friends this weekend to celebrate. It is also my best friend's birthday on Sunday she too is turning 30 and we have some special plans to celebrate, I can't wait!!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a great Birthday, Abby! Sorry that I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday on the actual day! You do have amazing potential...I'd love to have you take some pictures of our girls if we only lived closer! Hope you enjoyed your day with your family! Take care!

    ReplyDelete