Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend Fun

I am am posting a couple today so make sure you check them both out.

This weekend we enjoyed celebrating many birthdays! It started off with supper at A&G's for my niece, Tatum's 3rd birthday, and Mike and my birthday with my parents and sisters. Mike's birthday is tomorrow... Happy Birthday Mike!! And mine is on Wed, so we just celebrate with one get together, it's much easier that way.

Saturday evening we had a night planned at home with all the girls... and Tanner. Gina and Mike wanted to go out together for Mike's birthday and I agreed to watch Tanner. No problem. Well, Rachel and Amberlea got LIFE the High School Edition board game for Christmas and we hadn't played it yet, well Tim and I with them. So, it was indeed interesting. I've only played the real Life game 1 time. So, it took us a while to get thru High School, with purchasing cars, and having a part time job, and losing cell phones and breaking lap tops, you could just imagine all the drama that goes with HS. It was fun playing it! Tim of course was the winner. He graduated with the most money at the end of the game. -- After we were done playin' it wasn't long before Gina and Mike showed up.... that was the highlight of the evening. They came in with a crashin' boom. LOL.. Mike didn't seem to put the truck in park before getting out..... and our garage door stopped his truck instead. Nice. (Sorry Mike, I had to add it.) Luckily there wasn't that much damage. The door still works, his truck is alright, we just have a few large dents in the door, ... oh .. maybe I should of took a pic. of it and added that too?!... ha ha.

Today I told the girls that I had a surprise for them after church. They were going crazy trying to figure it out. They have been asking to go skating and I told them that we were all going skating for my "birthday party"!! They thought that was a GREAT idea! We went to St. Joe and went roller skating. It was SO MUCH FUN!!

FYI.... well, Tim hasn't skated since he was younger, but he has told me several times how he was a professional skater. (His mom worked at the skating rink when he was younger and always went there with her and was a pretty good skater, doing all those fancy tricks!) Well, I joked with him and I used to go there too, not that often, but I went with my best friend and I probably saw him there sometime. Who would of thought years later we would be married?? And for future reference... Tim thinks he's is "semi professional" at almost any sport!

So, the girls were pretty impressed with their dad today and with me too. We showed them how to go around in circles, and backwards, but mostly we were working on just getting them to stay UP!



Rachel has been before and she said the last time she could go a foot before falling, her bottom was really sore the next day! She sure hugged the wall and rail at the beginning, but as the afternoon went on, she was getting a little braver and catching on to it, she could go clear around without falling and ventured from the edge.

Amberlea is our daredevil. Not scared of anything. She took right off.... and fell... and fell.. but she got right back up and took off again. She did really well for never even wearing skates before. She's a lot like her dad, let's just say, she was leaving Rachel behind a few times :)



Josie and Cailyn didn't know what to think about it all. Josie started off with real skates and switched to the "training" skates with Cailyn and they shuffled themselves around the floor. They could go around too without having to hang on by the time we were done!!



Josie was talking to her Grandma and Grandpa earlier on the phone telling them how much fun we had and how dad and mom were pretty good twirlers.... We all had a really good time. Tim was smiling from ear to ear. He Loves doing those sorts of activities with the girls. He was nervous about skating again, but he did pick it up in no time..... I got a nice couple skate out of the whole thing.... hee hee.. flashbacks from jr. high....LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment