We have been super busy lately, I feel just worn out these days. The weekend wasn't much of a weekend because we (or I should say, I was) up at 6am every morning packing and getting things around for a swim meet. Saturday's was the Maryville invite and Sunday we headed to Auburn.
Both meets lasted into the afternoon and it was a long day. The only good part about it is watching the girls compete and they did AWESOME!! I'm so proud of all of them. Rachel is figuring out how to gain speed and we are seeing improvement in her this year. Amberlea is our competitive one and wants to know just as soon as she steps out of the pool what place she got. And Josie, oh Josie..... what can I say. People are amazed at how well she is doing just being 5. I had one mom tell me on Sunday they got the biggest kick out of her because every part of her body is moving, but she is standing still in the water. She knows how to do the strokes, but she just hasn't figured out how it will make her faster. BUT, last night we had another meet and we worked out an incentive to make her want to improve her speed. She was shed 12 sec, 5 sec, and 10 sec off 3 different strokes. That's awesome! I was pretty proud. I won't tell you her incentive just yet, we'll wait to see if she reaches her goal.
Tim and I want to take the girls to the pool later this week to work with her on her strokes. We are hoping the sun comes out for a few days like they say it's going to so we can get a chance to do this.
Tim got his cast off on Monday. He is super thrilled about that. He said the Dr. told him if he didn't know where to look for the break, be wouldn't of been able to see it. It healed great! He was released to do whatever activity he wants to do. It is just going to be sore for a little while still.
Rachel has her last summer VB game tonight, Tim and I are not attending. We needed a night off from all the running. 3 swim meets in a row and tomorrow is another one in Neb City I have to travel to. We decided to just stay at home tonight. I hope she does well! She is also attending at Band Camp this week at northwest. She is pretty excited about that, I hope she enjoys it and gets a lot out of it. She will have a performance on Saturday for all of us to see. That will be interesting to see what they can do compared to the little concerts we've seen at St. Greg's. I'm looking forward to that.
We are looking forward to a fun weekend with all the kids celebrating Father's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment