Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend Activities

It was a beautiful weekend, I'm sure you'll all agree. Our weekend started off with an afternoon at the pool Friday after I was done with the babysitting kids. That was a lot of fun! Josie has been dying to see if she was tall enough to go down the slide this year..... and sure enough she was!! HUGE milestone in her life, ha. I went up with her and she was a little nervous, but she did it. I was so scared. I couldn't go down with her, just had to watch and see how she did, it made my heart race. Not sure why since we were surrounded by lifeguards, but even still, it scares me....I'm a mom.

The first time she struggled at the end of the slide. She wasn't expecting that current at the bottom and it took her a bit to get to the ladder cause she was swept away by the current. I figured this would of scared her enough to be done, I was wrong. She climbed out of the pool and told me that was a BlAsT, and she was going again!! She went down several times Friday afternoon. She also went off the diving board several times. Her few days of swim team practice has really paid off. I see a huge improvement already.

Saturday morning was Maryville's intrasquad meet. Pretty much just a practice for Maryville and to get some seed times for the kids. Josie swam all 4 strokes. She was pretty worn out, but she did great. Backstroke, not so good..... I'll be honest. Took a long time, but she really doesn't get it at all. But, in her defense, several of the first time swimmers wouldn't even attempt it, and she at least tried.

Josie's other strokes were much better. Being close to the youngest, I'm super proud of her. It will be interesting to see how much she improves in the weeks to come. She didn't come in last though..... that was exciting!

Amberlea also did awesome. Over the last year she has really become competitive with her swimming. She moved up to the 9-10 age group this year. I don't know all the results, but in 2 of them she placed 3rd. That is really good for our first meet and that there are girls older than her. I can't wait to see what she ends up doing over the next few weeks.

Rachel, like always did a good job. Rachel struggles with speed a lot of the time, but she has beautiful form. Not sure how to get her go faster, but she is a really good swimmer. Can't complain at all.

Overall if was a wonderful weekend, got together with friends, spent time with the family, and just relaxed. Nothing better than that!!

Josie
Rachel

Amberlea

No comments:

Post a Comment