Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lots to tell.....

I have lots to tell..... been a while since I blogged, but I thought I'd wait and put it all in 1 post.

Swim team is finished for the year. The girls all did great!!! (of course) We had our last meet last Saturday in Neb. City. It was a long day. Leaving at 6am with 4 kids, is going to be a long day, no matter what. There were over 45o kids swimming in this meet. Between every event there was a good hour and a half wait. Thankfully it wasn't really hot that day, we actually had lots of cloud coverage and a chance of rain, so it was bearable. No big awards at this meet. Rachel did win a the heat in her back stroke and got a ribbon for that, Way to go Rach!!

The end of the year picnic was last night. Josie won the trophy for Most Improved in her age group. She was so excited cause she has always wanted a trophy for something. And she did it!! Her back stoke improved greatly, by 2 minutes (had no real clue how to swim the back stoke the first time she tried..lol) and she improved the rest of her stokes by over 45 sec from the first meet we had. She got all but the butterfly down under 1 minute, and she was close on that one too. I stood there last night knowing that she should win this medal, with my fingers crossed, hoping and praying. I was a proud mommy when they called her name. -- Josie and I also worked out a deal if she would improve her times.....a little reward, something she has been dying to have.... I'll post that at another time, I'll make you wait and see.

Last weekend Tim and I taught the girls how to play Texas Holdem. Amberlea (our 9 yr old) already had an idea from playing at a friends house and she knows her Dad loves to play, so she has been asking to play with him. So we did one night before he went to work, and Amberlea was thrilled. So I came up with last Friday, "Pizza and Poker" night. Oh she couldn't of been happier!!! We played Friday night and taught Rachel the game. She did really well for never even playing before. We had a really good time.... well, most of us. -- Tim was getting "frustrated" at us girls' betting. We would always bet every time cause we'd want to see the flop, just in case we'd get lucky and something came up that would help us out. According to him, this is not the smart way to play if you don't have good card....ha. We didn't care, so we continued to play this way and were making some risky bets/raises when we really didn't have anything. Well, to someone that plays often with the guys, he was annoyed with us, in a good way of course!! Amberlea ended up winning that night!! I can't believe it. We had another game Saturday night cause it was so much fun, and Tim and Amberlea battled it out, until Tim took the pot. whew..... he would of never lived that down if Amberlea beat him...again. *oh and I should also mention how very happy it makes to have some more poker players in the house and the girls want every Friday night to be "Pizza and Poker" cause they had so much fun!

Saturday we attended Sydni and Lexi's birthday at my parents. We enjoyed a wonderful bbq and the kids played in the bounce house and they also had a silly string fight. It was a lot of fun!!

Tonight we are headed up to the Fair!! The girls are pretty excited about this. I am looking forward to taking them, like always. Thanks Larry and Penny for the tickets!! I'll post pictures later.

Tomorrow we are up early and headed to the Niangua River in S. MO with the kids, all but Cailyn that is. I'm really nervous about leaving Cailyn behind. Not that she will be any trouble, but for the fact that I never have left her by herself and she keeps getting upset already about us leaving her. And then Josie starts in crying that she is going to miss her sister, it's a whole big drama thing. So I know there are going to be plenty of tears shed tonight when I drop her off at Grandma and Papa's. I'm not looking forward to this part of our trip. I would take her with us, but as I've said before, she isn't a big fan of the water and so for this being the first year for the other girls, it will be better off if she stayed here. I told her next year she might be big enough to go. (cailyn says she doesn't want to go either... she just doesn't want us to leave her)

As I said we will be leaving early in the morning for a weekend of camping and floating down the river. This will be the first time really camping with the girls. Our idea of camping before this was either in the back yard, or at Papa and Grandma's camper with AC and TV. Not really roughin' it considering we were only about 5-10 min from home if I really needed anything. We are all pretty excited about the trip. We even made up family shirts that I will take some pics of and post later. I'm not only excited about going with the family, but by best friends family is also going along. May sound corny... but I'm excited to get a whole weekend away with just our family and her's. It's never happened before. We rarely get to spend time together without others, which I don't mind of course, and that doesn't happen often anyway cause of both of our busy schedules. Thank God for free nights/weekends or we'd never even talk, well we would, but I would have to get a second job just to pay that bill. ha

I think that just about catches us up for now...... no, wait, I forgot, Josie has lost both her front teeth. Big excitement!! That second one hung on for a good week before I pulled it out. We are having corn on the cob tonight and I already have instructions that I will be cutting that off for her to enjoy too. I should make her try to eat it and take a picture of it, ha.

update....Rachel is now supposed to get her bottom braces off on Aug 20th. She is counting down. She has had TONS of compliments on her teeth and how wonderful they look and just how grown up she looks these days. Rachel is luvin' it..... but not Tim so much.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment