Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Today's the day!!!.... well sort of ;)

Rachel was about to bust this morning waiting on her mom to take her to her final braces appt, she gets them off today and gets fit for a retainer. She could hardly wait!!!

So I did a little searching it wasn't hard to find a picture of Rachel before the braces, I went back thru her school pictures. This is her school picture from 4th grade, usually taken at the beginning of the year, she had to have had the braces put on shortly after this. Rachel thought it was end of 3rd, but it hasn't been as long as she remembers. I must admit just seeing the picture made me laugh, not so much because of her teeth, which obviously needed work, but just cause she has matured and changed so much in the last 2-3 years, it's unbelievable.
So, shortly after starting this post, Rachel texted me and told me they didn't take off her bottom braces. I thought she was pranking me cause it had already been a morning of pranks, so I replied, and told her I didn't believe her, but she told me that she had 1 tooth on bottom they thought was a little crooked, and wanted to wait a few more weeks for the bottoms. Let's just say she wasn't happy, to say the least.

I told her to look at the good side and at least she got the top off instead of the bottom, cause you can't hardly see your bottom teeth anyway.

So here is an after picture, kind of. The school picture you can't see too well, but her teeth were really spaced apart and crooked. Now they are straight and beautiful. It's taken her some getting used to, but shes happy that they are at least half way gone....forever.
And on similar note, I have been waiting for Rachel to get these braces off for family pictures. I scheduled an appt for the first part of August and we need to pray she gets them off by then. BUT, my Josie Posie might not have any teeth left for family pictures. She lost one of her front big teeth on Sunday night and the other one is pretty much just hanging there, ready to be pulled any day. She has a huge gap that she thinks is way too cool!! I know it should be cute, but I like teeth.



No comments:

Post a Comment