Thursday night he had his first Energizer softball team practice. It wasn't but a half an hour into prac. and he went to catch a hard hit ball, and caught it wrong. It hit the end of his pinkie finger, he thought it was just jammed, (that's what he told me when I questioned it, but I found out the next day, yep he knew he broke it. That didn't stop him for trying to pop it back into place, I'm sure that didn't help anything :)
So, as the evening went on, it got worse and worse. It was swollen twice it's size and bruising all over. We were all pretty sure it was broke. He did go to work half the night, but came home cause he kept hitting it on things and the swelling was starting to go into his wrist. From what he told me, every time he would smack it on something, he thought he was going to wet himself...... LOL. (that's not funny, ok, yes it is!)
I got him a drs. appt for Friday afternoon, and yes, the dr said he took a nice chip of bone off his big middle knuckle. It should heal ok as long as he doesn't hit it again. Then that will cause future problems.
(These pictures are from earlier on, it seems to still be getting worse than better today.)
Let's just say, we aren't doing too well with him not hitting it. He keeps accidentally misjudging things and hitting it on different objects. And then there was a little girl on Josie's soccer that likes to grab a hold of his hand, guess what? yep, he said she grabbed a hold of his hand several times today!! And then the cat came up and tried to lift of his hand for him to pet him, and there was an incident loading groceries that I kind of forgot about his hurt finger....opps ;)
What else can you not do with a broken pinkie?? Turns out a lot, let's see...... can't drive, can't walk, can't carry things, can't golf, can't play softball, can't workout....... seems like you use your pinkie a lot more than you think..... or Tim is milking if for everything he can....... hmmm..??? What do you think? ha, ha
I think Tim has decided once again to retire from softball. I was shocked! It was an argument if he should play or not because of our kid's busy schedule, he loves the game, but I wasn't sure if we had the time to fit that in too. So we agreed to just a few games if it works out, and now he's thinking, maybe not this year.
Maybe this last injury has finally made him see it all a little more clearly. Let's see, broken arm a few years back at his 1st ball game. Took a year off, the following year he started up hapkido again, that was a year of in and out of the dr. with twisted ankles, pulled muscles, you name it. Since he quit hapkido last summer and started just working out at the Community Center, things have been real good, that was until softball started back up. That's why I think Tim has finally decided maybe it's time to take some time off for a while, I'd hate for something else to happen and he'd not be able to make it work out, or golf this summer, that would be too bad.
That's about all the excitement for now. We had more cold soccer games this morning, and the girls are doing very well. Nothing exciting going on. Tim and I went to St Joe last night it was a nice time getting out of town together. This next week I am busy with several meetings and makeup soccer games, should be busy, just like always.
No comments:
Post a Comment