Saturday, May 16, 2009

A good start to the summer....

With just a week left before school is out, we are wrapping up the end of several of the girls' activities, looking forward to some new ones, and just getting excited to have a few months off for some fun times.

Rachel asked if she could have a friend over this weekend, alright, this lead to Amberlea also wanting one, and Josie, but she's a little too young for sleepovers. She settled for just playing with Amberlea and Rachel's friends and waiting, and waiting, for what seems like FOREVER to get to have a friend over. ha

I told the girls this was fine as long as I got some things done I had planned on for this weekend. Which left me multi-tasking like crazy, but I always seem to pull it all off. I wanted to finally get the girls' volleyball net up and in place this weekend they got from Easter. They have been asking, the weather didn't really cooperate cause of the wind and it was kind of chilly, but we got it up. I'm sure it will get a lot more use in the weeks to come.

I also wanted to work on my hill, THE hill. It has been a royal pain in my butt since we moved in here. Couldn't really decide what I wanted to do with it. I had many ideas, but 2 of the summers I have lived here, I've been way to pregnant to even thing about doing anything. So slowly, I've worked on it the last couple years. It is Definitely a work in progress. But, I am very happy with what we accomplished today.

We added some gravel to my small mud hole that was there all the time. This wasn't very good, cause it never failed that some kid I watched seemed to think they always needs to go walking into it when we played outside. I am glad I have a nice area to have my firepit, that I love to sit next too on those chilly summer evenings. The girls thought it was all Very Cool.

Here's a few pics of the girls last soccer game of the season, and my new fire pit area.


Tim, Josie's coach giving her a medal after the game. She scored her 1st goal this weekend...... GO JOSIE!!

With the help of my wonderful parents, I now have an area I can enjoy all summer. It still needs some work, but it's good progress.




Here's the girls and Tim trying it out and cooking some smores.... it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment